For the girls: gift ideas for friends

Maddy Licea
Gifts and supplies along a wall of the Licea’s, all dedicated to friends.

Holidays are overwhelming and gift giving puts the pressure on. So what do you get your friends this holiday season? How much do you spend on them? Who do you all get gifts for? What do you get a boyfriend? Well the Spartan Shield is here to help you with a step to step guide.

Here’s the thing: gift giving is all about communication. Nobody wants awkward scenarios where you got someone something and they didn’t get anything for your. So the first step: figure out who all you’re getting gifts for this year. It is as simple as texting some of your friends and saying “Hey are we giving each other gifts this year?” 

Now that you know who you’re getting gifts for, it is time to set a budget. Gift giving is expensive and holidays can drain the bank quite quickly. So if you and your friends are exchanging gifts, set a dollar limit. Another way to save money for gift giving with your friends is simply doing a secret santa together. It is a simple way for all the girls to give and get while on a budget. 

After having a budget set, what do you get your friends? While all budgets vary, here are some gift ideas for all ages and budgets. 

Seniors: Your girls are going to college soon, one heartfelt holiday gift is a college kit. This could include fun school supplies they don’t necessarily need, a laundry hamper, gloves and hats, or a cute picture of you guys to take to their dorm next year. If you got your girls all of the above from Target the total would be 32 dollars, which could vary.

For your beauty obsessed friends: Ulta has the cutest pre packaged gifts for prices from 15 dollars and up. This can be an easy gift that can be appreciated by your makeup, skin product, or hair obsessed friends. Ulta has got you covered when trying to find an easy gift. 

The cheap yet meaningful gifts: Redbubble has a huge variety of stickers and various products that cover all personalities. Just type in a key word or phrase and they will come through with plenty of options. Another way to find gifts for anyone, Amazon. The webstore carries everything and anything your friends could want or need. 

Gifting for the boyfriend: shopping for boys can be extremely difficult, never knowing what they want or what size they are. This year think broad when it comes to gifts for the boys. Always try to cater to their personality, are they obsessed with their friends? Maybe they need a “Saturdays are for the Boys” flag. Any particular sport team interest, again, go with a flag. If you’re trying to focus on things they need, there are endless possibilities. 

The holidays can be very overwhelming, use these simple tips to relieve some of that stress.