Make the school website great again

Elise Johnson
Sophomore Dana Johnson maneuvers around the new website layout.

For an educational facility, the new composure of the school website isn’t very smart.

Recently, the PV School District changed the official website again, for likely the thousandth time now. Unlike the last change, however, the most recent design is being highly ridiculed by the student body— and for good reason.

The new organization of the website is very broad, making it a puzzle to figure out which sections of the website one needs to go to find what they need. Many students are having trouble trying to maneuver through this new structure, as it’s no longer easy to tell what sections of the website they should go to in order to find the content they need.

“Everything is rearranged horribly,” sophomore Dana Johnson stated. “You can’t find anything anymore; it takes me a solid 20 minutes to find what I need on the website now. Some things I still haven’t figured out where they are.”

One thing that is specifically annoying is the removal of the “teacher pages” section of the website. In the new website arrangement, they replaced the “teacher pages” section with a directory, where students must type in the name of their teacher to access their website.

Senior Cienna Pangan was one of the students who had issues with the change. “It’s really annoying trying to find the websites of our teachers, or really any teacher for that matter,” Pangan stated. “[There have] been times where I’ve needed to find the website of a teacher last minute and couldn’t reach it because I couldn’t completely remember how to spell their last name.”

Additionally, the “teacher pages” section allowed students to visit different teacher websites of the same subject if they needed more help on a subject. With the replacement of this feature, students have a much harder time trying to find these websites. When all the websites were arranged by subjects, it made it much easier to figure out which teachers taught which subjects.

Instead of being a replacement, the directory should simply be an extra feature to the website. It’s helpful with finding contact information for a teacher, but it has greatly limited website reach for the student body.

Because of the limited helpfulness of the directory and the broad organization of the updated website, the school website should be reverted to its last version. Make the school website helpful again— not confusing.