Students tell us: Black Friday stories

Students love a good Black Friday experience, and many of them decided to hit the town and steal all of the best deals this past week. A handful of them decided to share with us their stories of the night.

Danielle Henricksen:

“I went to Target this year. The line circled around the entire building, but it was worth it because I accidentally broke my mom’s tripod on Thanksgiving night, so I bought her a new one.”

Patrick McMonagle:

“Black Friday is all about the drama. Although that’s how I feel about everything in life, so…”

“When I went out on Black Friday, I wasn’t looking for deals on the TV, I was looking for the fight over the last TV. Although I ended up just speed walking through Walmart with Nick Kontos to get a few miles in.”

Ali staver:

“I love Build-a-Bears, so of course I had to take a trip out to the mall on Black Friday. The deal was buy one get one free so I got two more bears to add to my collection. I also bought clothes for each of them. It was great.”

Julieta Uriarte:

“I went to Iowa City thinking it would be REALLY packed, but it was actually not too bad. I went to several stores with good deals, which is good because I could use my paycheck on good deals since I’m usually a broke high school kid who can barely afford a pair of jeans from American Eagle.”

Emily Bruinsma:

“On Thursday night, my older brother called and asked what my younger brother and I were doing. When we said ‘nothing,’ he told us to come to Walmart as fast as we could to help him buy something because the sale was only one per person. It turned out he wanted us to help him buy TV’s, so my whole family ended up standing in line each with a TV. He ended up with 5 of them and it was funny watching him try and fit 5 TV’s in his cart.”

These particular students clearly had an eventful Black Friday, but it’s guaranteed there are more stories still unheard of. What’s yours? Leave it in the comment section below.

$480
$1000