Best PV Sports Moments 2019-2020

Hannah Lederman
The 2019-20 Pleasant Valley Platinum holding their trophies from state.

The 2019-20 season was full of exciting moments for the Spartans; here is a list of the top seven moments.

1. Girls Basketball: Muscatine regional game: After losing to Muscatine twice already the Spartans chances of victory were looking small. However they persevered and came out with a victory in the regional game advancing them to the next stage. 

1. Boys Basketball: With the season on the line the Spartans were faced with Davenport Central, a team they had lost to twice already, (39-19, 43-39) and was ranked second in the MAC. However with the season on the line the Spartans ended up winning 59-47 and came out victorious. 

1. Football: Upsetting Linn-Mar in the final game of the season. Going into the game the Spartans were 3-5, while the Linn-Mar Lions were 6-2 and in first place in the conference. This led to a huge upset with a final score of 29-28. 

1. Volleyball: Placing 4th place at state after beating Iowa City Liberty in the State Quarter Final and Bettendorf in the regional championship to go to state. 

1. Wrestling: Eli Loyd finished his year by placing 3rd at state to cap off his career at PVHS while becoming the career wins and pins leader with 125 falls and 195 victories; at 219 matches.

1. Cross Country: Max Murphy has come from behind victory to win state and help the Spartans reach second place at state. Max also won Gatorade Player of the Year after placing fourth at the Nike Cross Nationals Heartland Regionals Championships. 

1.Dance: Winning Jazz and Pom state championships. This was accomplished after beating their rival Iowa City West for Pom and North Scott for Jazz. These

two victories made the Spartans go home double state champions.