5 things to do in case of another quarantine

KlausHausmann via Pixabay
With President-elect Joe Biden talking about a potential nationwide lockdown, here are five things you should do to help your lockdown experience go smoothly.

With COVID cases rising, there is potential for another quarantine. Here are five things you should do to better your lockdown experience.

1- Buy the essentials

With some quarantine experience under our belts, it would be a grave mistake to scoff at those buying up large stock of essential items. Buy up as many paper products as possible in order to avoid making toilet paper your top concern.

2- Find some board games

One silver lining of the first quarantine was the timing: it was late spring, so we were able to spend a lot of time outside. If we were to go on another lockdown, we would not have that same luxury. That is why I recommend finding some board games to pass time. I personally recommend Monopoly and chess.

3- Pick up a new hobby

I may be alone, but I remember seeing quarantine as a time where I could pick up a new hobby. That hobby turned out to be an excessive amount of time spent watching TikToks. If you had any regrets about not picking up new hobbies over the first quarantine, make sure to try something new should there be another lockdown.

4- Cooking

Cooking is a great way to pass time and break the culinary monotony of lockdown. By nature, quarantine leads to unhealthy snacking habits, so taking some time to cook diversifies your palate and allows you to try new recipes.

5- Workout

Since outside activities were some of the only activities spared by the first lockdown, working out was fairly easy. Now that winter is just around the corner, working out may prove to be more difficult. Lifting some weights or doing bodyweight exercises at home would both kill time and keep you healthy during a second lockdown.