Sports that can be Played Indoors

Corea Conner

The start of 2021 has brought us the usual cold January weather, some people are wanting to get back to sports. Some sports may not be in season but there are some ways that they are available. Here are some sports that you can enjoy in the warmth of a building. 

• Bowling 

Bowling is often forgotten as a sport, but it is a great way to have some fun inside a warm building. Bowling alleys are allowed to be open during COVID as long as you wear your mask. 

• Golf

Normally golf would be a sport that is not available indoors, but technology has changed that for the better. Now there are golf simulators that allow people to golf even when there is snow on the ground. Everyone’s game can be improved even during the cold.  One can find a golf simulator simply by googling “golf simulator near me.”

• Ping Pong

Ping pong is definitely considered a sport and it is most commonly played indoors which allows you to not be cold while playing. Everyone has that one friend with a ping pong table!

• Basketball

Basketball is one of the most common indoor sports and is popular for good reason, a lot of people know how to play and generally there are people who would be willing to play. If you want to spice it up try out wheelchair basketball if that is available to you.

• Soccer 

The TBK Sports Complex allows soccer players to enjoy their sport in warmth. This sport may be a bit harder to organize, though. If you are able to get a bunch of friends together, it is worth a shot!