5 things to do on a long plane ride

Ingrid Hofmann
What you should do while traveling to your next destination!

With spring break  rapidly approaching, many people will be packing their bags and taking flight across the country, or maybe even the world. Being stuck on a long plane ride while the baby three rows ahead of you is screaming, and the little boy behind you has been kicking your seat for the last hour can be dreadful, so here are some things to hopefully make your airplane experience a little more enjoyable.

1. Read a book

Nothing says peace and quiet quite like opening up your favorite book and keeping to yourself for a while. Reading can give you a calming feeling that may even drown out the noise of screaming babies up front. Cracking open a book can put you right to sleep, leaving you to wake up at your travel destination, and what is  better than that?

1. Watch a movie

Though this would require you to download the movie before you reach thousands of feet above the ground, it is definitely worth it. Watching a movie can help make time pass quickly as well as provide some entertainment for a few hours.

1. Play a card game

If your seat neighbor isn’t snoring, maybe you guys could partake in a friendly game of cards. Playing a card game would provide some human interaction along with making time fly. You could even make a new friend out of the deal! 

1. Play a video game

After clearance from your flight attendant to use electronics, fire up your phone or tablet and select the most addicting game you can find that does not require internet connection. You would be amazed at how fast you can get sucked into a game like Subway Surfers. Before you know it, 45 minutes have passed, and you are still trying to beat your high score.

1. Creating an itinerary

This is something to get you thinking about your trip. You can plan out your day from the second you land to give yourself something to look forward to on your seemingly never ending plane ride. Disclaimer: this may make time pass even slower than it already is, but it can definitely get you excited knowing you are about to be on vacation in a few hours.