Frozen Landing Ice Rink lands in Bettendorf

The City of Bettendorf has a new winter attraction. According to their website, “Frozen Landing Ice Rink will officially open to the public after the ribbon cutting ceremony, which is scheduled for Tuesday, December 6 beginning at 5:00 p.m. The rink is located at Middle Road and 23rd Street.” This is a change to the Quad Cities as the old outdoor ice rink was previously located in Moline. Their website also says, “The skating rink is open to all ages and ability levels. There is no charge to skate. Skate rental is $2.00 for both children and adults. Concessions will be available for purchase. No hockey is allowed on the rink.”

Megan Collins, junior, is one of several Spartans that is utilizing the new outdoor ice rink in Bettendorf. Collins mentions, “I am a figure skater for the Quad Cities Figure Skating Club and I definitely think that the new rink will be a great addition to Bettendorf. There is a new ice skating club that my friends and I started through school and we will be trying to go skate there later this season. The good thing with the new rink is that I can practice there, but it’s also not just for experienced skaters; anyone can go and just have fun.” The Frozen Landing Ice Rink is now open to the public.

For more winter activities around the Quad Cities, visit: https://spartanshield.org/2697/student-life/flurries-n-fun/

$480
$1000