Top 5 things we will miss at PV

The motto of the Pleasant Valley Community School Districts can be doing more  harm then good for PV students.
Pleasant Valley School District
The motto of the Pleasant Valley Community School Districts can be doing more harm then good for PV students.

As seniors our time has come to say goodbye to PV and move on to our life outside of these walls. But, before we go I thought I would reminisce on some of the things I (and others) will miss most about Pleasant Valley High School.

1.The Teachers

During our time at PV we got to experience some of the most iconic teachers that spend every waking moment of their lives figuring out how to help us learn. Some of these teachers retired during our four years like; Mr. Fry, Mr. Hult, and Mrs. Weinshenk. Others however get to continue on their legacy and pass on their knowledge to students that are still coming up. You may have a teacher you don’t like but I promise you will find someone who knows exactly what you are going through and will be able to help and relate to you during all the hard times in high school. The relationships that we created with these teachers will forever be missed and we hope no one replaces the class of 2021 in their hearts. 

2.  The Senior Bench

This iconic location in the PV halls is a tradition that we managed to carry on this year even without the actual benches. Every student at PV sits through 3 long years of classes just until they finally get the opportunity to meet up with all of their friends before school starts and during the passing periods. The conversations that happen should not always be repeated but they will be remembered and carried with those who had them. 

3. Sporting Events

We will miss the Friday night lights at football games and how the band plays obnoxiously loud at basketball games and everything in between. One thing the class of 2021 can be extremely proud of is the incredible success in sports that we had this year especially and all throughout. It goes without saying how bittersweet all these moments were for the athletes and the supporters because no matter how sweet the success was, the glory only lasted so long before we woke up the next morning and realized it was over. Luckily, some of the best of us have the opportunity to continue their passion in college and play their sport of choice but for some they had to say goodbye to something they loved so much and that will forever be missed. 

4.  Lunch

You knew this was going to be on the list. Whether your favorite is chicken mashed potato bowl or pasta bar there is something for (almost) every one that the PV lunch staffed so graciously served us. But, one thing that lunch gave us that is not always recognized is the small amount of time where we got to get away from our troubles and our stress about the next big test coming up. At lunch we got to sit and talk to our friends about anything and everything. I know for me this was the time when I would have some really deep conversations with my closest friends or just people who happened to have the same lunch as me. Lunch was the best form of escapism during our school days and from one senior to the underclassman: enjoy that time. 

5. The Culture

“Committed to Excellence” We have heard that saying a hundred times as PV students and it’s even plastered on the walls.  But it rings true, the culture at PV is something many take for granted and it’s something we are extremely lucky to have. So many of our students go on to achieve great things and the class of 2021 will be no different.