Gifts for guys

Shopping for the holiday season is hard. Not only does everything seem to be extra expensive–wanting to get a gift for someone but having no idea where to even begin is a common problem. Buying Christmas gifts for guys, whether that be a boyfriend, brother, friend, or even a dad, is a special kind of challenge, especially since many guys are culprits of the old “I don’t want anything” spiel. It only makes the struggle harder.

If you’re in a pinch, here are five general gift ideas that most guys are bound to enjoy.

1.) Food

Who doesn’t love a basket filled with gourmet goodies? Whether it’s an assortment of handmade sweets or a basket filled with savory snacks, there’s no gift more versatile than something to eat. Perhaps your dad would enjoy a fruit basket, or your brother would love a basket filled with his favorite snacks. Either way, food is definitely a path to someone’s heart.

2.) A watch

Depending on how much money you’re willing to spend, or whether you’re teaming up with someone to give a mutual gift, a wristwatch is a classic and classy gift for any guy. The idea might sound too pricey at first glance, but there are tons of good-looking watches out there with price tags that wont break the bank. Check for bargains and you might find a really good deal, especially if you don’t care about brand names.

3.) Backpack/travel bags

It may sound a bit strange, but a nice backpack is a gift that will be useful in everyday life, especially if the backpack he already owns is looking a little run-down. Even a nice travel bag will surely be appreciated, especially for guys who are going off to college soon. There are tons of backpacks/bags out there that are available for very affordable prices, especially at retailers like Target and Walmart.

4.) A T-shirt

Given that you know the person well, a t-shirt can be a great versatile gift, and easy to buy too. Because men’s fashion is usually a lot simpler than women’s fashion, buying clothes for guys is a fairly simple game as long as you know his size and (sorta) his style. Amazon offers tons of t-shirts for men that are simple and fashionable, and certainly affordable as well. With a little shopping around, it’s not too hard to snag the perfect find for him.

5.) A new wallet

A lot of teen guys are culprits for using old, children’s themed, or even non-existent wallets. Why not invest and get him a nice, new wallet once and for all? Some leather wallets are actually pretty affordable, and they will last a long time too. It’s a great gift for a guy who needs a nice organized place for his money!

“Sometimes just a trip to the movies is the perfect gift,” says senior Maddux Snook. “Who doesn’t love the movies?”

“Cologne is also a good gift for a guy,” says junior Madisyn Kirkhove.

Whatever it is you are giving to someone, the thought is always what matters the most. Spreading holiday cheer this season is easy as can be.