Courtesy of, @sarahbabkaa, Instagram

Football games at Michigan feature the “big house”, a stadium with a capacity of over one hundred thousand people.

Sarah Babka – Campus Capture

The University of Michigan (UM), often coined “the public ivy”, is one of few universities in the US that provide world class education, opportunities, social life and school spirit. 

Sprawled across the lively town of Ann Arbor, UM contains 19 undergraduate, graduate and professional schools and colleges. By enrollment, the largest undergraduate colleges are the College of Literature and Science, the College of Engineering and the Ross School of Business. The versatility of the different schools and colleges allows UM to offer 275 majors to their undergraduate students.

Since the university’s founding in 1817 as one of the first public universities in the nation, it has grown significantly and become one of the most distinguished universities in the US and a leader in higher education. Consistently ranked as one of the top 25 universities in the nation, UM provides a stellar education for all of its students.

In addition to the academics at Michigan, the social and campus life is vibrant and active. PV grad and UM sophomore Sarah Babka recognizes and values the dynamic between academics and social life that is present at UM. “The balance between academic life and social life at Michigan is unlike any other University. I love being in an environment that pushes me in the classroom while still having the opportunity to pursue many social engagements,” she said.

Social engagements and life outside of the classroom are an essential part of any college experience. At Michigan, there are endless opportunities to have fun, make connections and learn outside of class. UM has a whopping 1,600+ student led clubs and organizations that are bound to help students discover and develop their interests. Sports are also a big part of campus life at Michigan as well, as they have numerous Division One teams that are often very competitive. “The campus life at Michigan is everything anyone would want and much more,” Babka continued. “Most of all, I love seeing the school spirit in action at football games.”

UM’s large student population and large alumni network also provide a myriad of opportunities to students seeking work. Michigan’s “opportunity hub” is a program run through the college of Literature, Art and Science that connects students with possible employment and internship opportunities.

Overall, University of Michigan is an amazing environment to pursue post-secondary education and develop fun, long lasting relationships and memories.

Spartan Shield • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$480
$1000