Best parks in the QC area

Arian
A secluded area found on a path belonging to Sylvan Island.

With summer ending and fall beginning, many people find themselves wondering what they should be doing with their time. As the leaves turn to their fall colors, it’s a great time to go outside. This is a  compiled list of the top parks in the QC area that people can spend time at this fall.

Sylvan Park

Sylvan Park is the home of many beautiful trails. Whether you want to go off-road biking, take a hike or go for a walk, Sylvan Island is a great spot. Along these paths, you can take a walk through the beautiful forest or follow a path that goes right along the river. The island offers 1.24 miles of trails that people can explore and it’s perfect for a quiet walk or an exciting bike ride. 

Crow Creek Park

Crow Creek Park, home of the Pleasant Valley High School cross country course, is another astounding park in the QC area. It covers 134 acres and has a dog park, Dekhockey fields, baseball and softball fields, a quarry and a nature trail. There are many off-road paths you can enjoy, and the trails allow for biking or walking. 

Wildcat Den

Although Wildcat Den is a bit farther away from Pleasant Valley (about a 45 minute drive), it is worth every minute. Wildcat Den has a variety of terrain and sightseeing spots throughout the park, from sandstone bluffs to “Steamboat Rock” to the “Devil’s Punch Bowl.” All these fascinating sights are what makes Wildcat Den such an exciting place to explore. 

Scott County Park

Scott County Park is a 1,280 acre park, the largest in Scott County. It has a wide variety of activities, including baseball fields, playgrounds, nature trails, an equestrian area and a heated swimming pool. Swimming lessons are offered in the summer. Walking on the nature trails in fall when the leaves change color is so beautiful!

Vander Veer Botanical Park 

Vander Veer was established in 1985 and covers around 33 acres of land. The park is extremely popular for walking, and the beautiful flora provide the perfect place for a photography session. The park has all types of greenery as well as multiple fountains. There is a walkway in the center that provides a fantastic backdrop and exquisite lighting. 

Duck Creek Park

Duck Creek Park covers 211 acres of land, including a golf course, garden gazebo, bike trail, lodge, pickleball courts, playgrounds and so much more. It is the perfect park to take your family and friends, and it has something enjoyable to do for everyone. It is also the perfect place to take pictures with the gazebo and lodge making fantastic backdrops.