Top 5 Taylor Swift Vault Tracks

Unsplash
Taylor Swift’s Red album is showcased on a phone. Swift released a Taylor’s Version of her Red Album and other “stolen” albums featured in her top 5 re-releases.

Taylor Swift’s discography was sold to Scooter Braun in 2019 without her knowledge. Wanting the master rights to her own music, Swift decided to re-record her past albums. Many swifties refer to these albums as the “stolen albums.” As of now, Swift has re-recorded three of her albums: Fearless, Red and Speak Now. Swift is releasing 1989 Taylors Version on October 27. As she released these re-recorded albums, she also released vault tracks. These are new tracks that may have been cut from the original album or made at a completely different point in time. She could also release vault tracks from albums that were not “stolen.” Here are the top five vault tracks from Taylor’s five re-records.

1. “All too Well Ten Minute Version”

Taylor Swift’s, “All too Well Ten Minute Version,” is subjectively her best vault track. The lyrics of the track tell the story of a power imbalance within a relationship. Swift used allusions throughout the song, including an allusion about a scarf, and she used vivid imagery that allows the reader to imagine the story in their head. “All Too Well Ten Minute Version” is one of Swift’s most vulnerable pieces, making it Swift’s best vault track. 

2. “Better Man”

“Better Man” is one of Swift’s best vault tracks. This song has a relaxed accompaniment allowing for the lyrics to play a greater role in the song. Swift used a repetitive structure, like when she said, “But I just miss you, and I just wish you were a better man” several times in the chorus to rebut statements in support of the resurgence of the relationship. The song continued to build climatically throughout the entire song, which added to the emotional connection of the song and engaged the listeners.

3. “Timeless”

“Timeless” earned the number three spot in the ranking of Swift’s vault tracks. The song began with a vivid description of what Swift deemed to be a timeless relationship she desired, and she goes on to say that no matter the place or circumstance, “we would’ve been timeless.” Surprisingly, the song was written about characters from “The Vampire Diaries” but is very touching. Additionally, Swift used a lot of unique references to the 1900s in her song.

4. “I Can See You”

“I Can See You” is the fourth best vault track of Swift’s. The song has one of Swift’s best music videos and has a catchy backing track and catchy background vocals. The song used dynamics and repetition to build from the verses to the chorus.

5. “Mr. Perfectly Fine”

In “Mr. Perfectly Fine,” Swift used catchy nicknames to engage listeners from the beginning of the song. She said “‘Mr. Perfect Face’ Mr. ‘Here to stay’ Mr. ‘looked me in the eye and told me you would never go away.’” She continued to start each phrase with ‘Mr.” throughout the entire song, playing off the title. The song is upbeat, yet it has meaning and emotion.