F1 club to make its debut at PVHS

Formula 1 Racing intrigues many students at PVHS. Photo credit to Pexels.com.

On Thursday, November 16th, the Formula One (F1) club overtook Pleasant Valley High School. Although this club may be considered unorthodox to particular students, sophomore founders Leo Rosas Marciel and Camille Wood think the opposite. 

The F1 club explores the latest developments in Formula One Racing. “In this club, we foster friendships and discuss races and F1 teams. We watch races and analyze F1 teams. Our favorite teams are Ferrari and Redbull,” stated Wood. 

Marciel and Wood learned about their shared interest in Formula 1 racing and decided to create a club in which any member of PVHS can join and talk about this exhilarating form of racing. 

While the two were filing the necessary paperwork to be considered a legitimate club at PVHS, they found a perfect sponsor for the new club: Kathryn Buchter, a Spanish teacher at PVHS. “We asked her because she’s open to learning about F1 and provides a fun space,” said Marciel. 

Buchter was overjoyed to be the safety car for the racing enthusiasts.  “I agreed to sponsor because they are very passionate about the sport and have lots of energy and enthusiasm for the club. I hope we get lots of new members,”  she said.

The students share Buchter’s views on expanding the amount of students in the club. With F1’s global viewership of 1.55 billion and growing, it is not surprising many students at PVHS would be interested in communally discussing their inquisitiveness in Formula 1 at this club. 

The two students envision a bright future for the group. They hope to learn more about how these impressive automobiles are engineered. With the right resources and expert guiding, Marciel and Wood hope to learn more about how these cars are engineered.  Also, with the right funding and participation, the students would enjoy traveling to an exhilarating Formula 1 race one day. 

Currently, the F1 club meets Thursdays at 7:30am in Buchter’s room, however this is subject to change. Interested students are encouraged to reach out to Marciel or Wood, or stop by Buchter’s room.