Top 6 Valentine’s Day RomComs

Best Rom-Coms for Valentines Day

Valentine’s Day is a celebration of love. Whether celebrating together or alone, everyone should watch these six iconic and hilarious romantic comedies this Valentine’s Day!

1. Anyone But You

Recent romantic comedy blockbuster, “Anyone But You” brings back the iconic feel of chick flicks from the 90s and early 2000s with the classic enemies to lovers story line. Starring Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell, this rom com starts off with a great first date between Bea and Benn; however, things take a quick turn when they start loathing one another but need to pose as a happy couple when arriving at the same destination wedding in Australia. While authentic romantic comedies have had a drought in the past decade, “Anyone But You” brings back the true, young Hollywood feel. 

1. No Hard Feelings

Anything Jennifer Lawrence is top tier, and this movie is no exception. “No Hard Feelings” follows a 32 year old woman who is losing her childhood home. Desperate for money, she decides to help out a rich couple by dating their introverted 19 year old son. Lighthearted and amusing, this movie brings back comedic qualities current movies cannot replicate. Not afraid to cause a little controversy in exchange for lots of laughs and a hit in the box office, this movie may be more humorous than romantic but a great watch nonetheless!

1. 13 Going on 30

As 13 year old Jenna Rinks (Jennifer Garner) enters the awkward stages of being a teenager, all she dreams of is becoming a well adjusted young adult. While wishing for this to come true, Jenna goes from an awkward 13 year old to a 30 year old grown woman, but little does she know, adulthood also has its unique challenges. With the mind of a child and body of a woman, Jenna goes through her new life, falling in love with her middle school crush Matt Flamhaff (Mark Ruffalo), all over again, except this time he’s married and everything is different. Trying to get him back, adjust to her new life, and bring back a sense of childish fun to adult life, “13 going on 30” not only is an iconic rom com of the early 2000s, but sets an important message about the importance of keeping life lighthearted and fun.

1. She’s The Man

Based on a Shakespearian story “Twelfth Night,” “She’s The Man” takes viewers with highschool soccer player, Viola Johnson (Amanda Bynes), who is in a serious dilemma as she attempts to pose as her twin brother at a new boarding school to play on the boys’ soccer team. From falling in love with her school roommate, Duke (Channing Tatum) to him crushing on their classmate Olivia (Laura Ramsey), to Olivia liking Viola dressed as her brother, this complicated and hilarious retelling of  “Twelfth Night” definitely falls in the top 3 greatest rom-coms with its upbeat, lively, and comedic plot.  

1. How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days

Imagine doing everything possible to make a guy leave and he comes back completely in love. “How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days” follows advice columnist Andie Anderson (Kate Hudson), as she tries to branch out in her writing through a new piece on how to get a man to leave in 10 days. Except she decides to experiment with these rules in her real life, which is when Ben Berry (Matthew McConaughey) comes into picture. Ben is told that he will score a huge deal in his company from getting Andie to follow in love with him, so with the two reaching for opposite goals with one another, the iconic 2003 classic causes laughs, cries, and everything in between as viewers watch the beautiful romance unfold through these chaotic 10 days.

1. 10 Things I Hate About You

This 90’s classic based off of  Shakespeare’s “The Taming of the Shrew”, undoubtedly is the best romantic comedy that has ever been created. The romance, intimacy, comfort, and irresistible nostalgia creates an outstanding film following witty teen, Kat Stratford (Julia Stiles) who has completely sworn off love, unlike her popular younger sister, Bianca (Larisa Oleynik) whose greatest mission is to be able to date. Due to house rules not allowing Bianca to date until Kat does, two boys eager to pursue her create a plan to convince the new kid, Patrick Verona (Heath Ledger) to take out Kat for a sum of cash. With Pat on a mission to make Kat fall in love with him, “10 Things I Hate About You” turns from a bet to a love story. An absolute iconic movie to many, “10 Things I Hate About You” takes viewers through love, sisterhood, teenage angst, and all things teenagers love and crave. 

$580
$1000