Where to find the perfect dress online

Around this time of the year, teenage girls begin to stress about wanting to find the perfect dress for Turnabout and Prom. With turnabout happening in less than 2 weeks, there is a lot of last minute shopping going on. Many girls choose to shop online instead of going to a store.

Claire Park, senior, said, “I usually use peaches.com or promgirl.com, but I find it really hard to find the right sizes or what would look right on. But I really like that it saves time and I don’t have to go and get a dress because that can be very time consuming.”  Along with Park there are many other girls that use these two websites in order to find their dream dress.

There are many other websites though that can be useful around this time of the year. Myra Bowe, junior, said, “Lulus is my favorite, all products are good prices, good quality, and they are based in the US.  Since they are based in the US that means they ship their products quickly. They also have a lot of seasonal sales! Along with Lulus I also like to shop online at Nordstrom, but they are too expensive to order from all the time. Lastly, I recommend Xenia Boutique and Peppermayo, but since they are based out of Australia, the sizing can be difficult to get correct.”

Online shopping can be very useful, but also can be risky if one waits too long. Although there may be some issues with knowing the right size when shopping online, there are generally more size options. Plus, a majority of online stores selling dresses will allow shoppers to return a dress if it does not fit right. Along with easy return, girls can view all of the dresses available while stores tend to not have as many options in-store as they have online.