Top 4 NBA playoff risers this season

Jaydon Kachappily
This NBA playoffs have had some incredible playoff risers but who have improved the most since the regular season.

There were many players this playoffs who had a massive spike in ability after the regular season this list has the four best playoff risers in this 2023-2024 NBA season.

4. Derrick White

An exceptional role player in the regular season who has had an incredible impact on an already-stacked Celtics team. When Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum can find themselves lacking Derrick White is often there as the third option for the team. He has been playing better defensively this postseason and has better numbers on higher efficiency highlighting how he has taken a leap and risen to the occasion.

3. Anthony Davis

While the Los Angeles Lakers were kicked out of the playoffs in the first round Anthony Davis was most certainly the only reason they had any chance during those five games with the Denver Nuggets. Davis had more points, rebounds and assists on better efficiency as well. As a center, Anthony Davis was also playing great defense unfortunately he was facing one of the best contested shotmakers in a long time and suffered a close defeat in five games.

2. Khris Middleton

Khris “Khash Money” Middleton was a beast this postseason and took over on the Milwaukee Bucks in Giannis’ lieu. He averaged nine more points in the postseason than the regular season and nearly doubled his rebounds. While like Anthony Davis and the Lakers, Khris and the Bucks lost in the first round, Khris’ playoff performance was what was keeping the Bucks alive in those tense 6 games against the Indiana Pacers.

1. Jalen Brunson

He was undoubtedly the saving grace for the New York Knicks and New York felt that way about him. He scored almost 29 ppg in the regular season, yet somehow in an incredulous manner scored almost 33 points in a game during his playoff run. Jalen Brunson had the most 40-point games in the 2023-2024 playoff season with 5 of his games hitting such numbers. At one point Jalen Brunson had 4 40-point games in a row, the first time since Micheal Jordan. While most of the list is role players becoming better Jalen Brunson took his incredible regular season and performed like some of the best players in the history of the NBA.