FireFan: PV Athletic Booster Club’s newest fundraiser

The Pleasant Valley Athletic Booster Club’s newest fundraising project entails the creation of FireFan, a live and interactive sports app. FireFan is free to download and play, and it allows users play along during live sports games, such as NFL, NBA, and now NCAA Basketball. Every time a player acquires a token and plays the game, the Pleasant Valley Athletic Booster Club earns funds.

All the students need to do to support this is download the app from the App Store and use the code PVHSABC to receive 18 free tokens and start playing. Students and parents can also share the app with friends and participate with in-app advertising to get more free tokens. For instance, during NCAA March Madness which is going on currently, tokens can be used to enter a game when the Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight games are on.

Players can make pre-game picks and play in live mode while watching the game on TV. Students can join a league with an MVP or start one with a personalized group of friends. The live chat feature allows discussions with friends and relatives during the game. Loyalty rewards can be earned for game participation. FireFan has even given away a car during the Super Bowl to one lucky player! A trip to Hawaii is also on the line for March Madness players. Simply playing on the app gives players a chance to win prizes in the drawings.

Since new sports are upcoming in the app, including as ML baseball, soccer, hockey, the fundraiser will be ongoing.

“NFL Football in the app is a blast! The more people that play and share the app, the more the Boosters will raise!” said Linda Blaske, parent of 3 Pleasant Valley graduates who is involved in this fundraising project for the Pleasant Valley Athletic Boosters Club.

The ultimate goal behind this app is to replace the raffle, which is the current major fundraiser. Since this fundraiser requires no selling, and only the download of a free app, it is a more convenient way to raise money. Additionally, since it is an app, it is easy to share with friends or relatives who may live in various locations.

“What makes this so different from other fundraisers is it is fun and you can play along with your friends and family as well as your sports MVP’s,” added Blaske. “Just like any other technology there are frequent updates and improvements, so the app will continue to have more features added over time, along with more sports.”