Suppressing senioritis

With the end of the school year nearing the horizon, much happiness is spurring, especially within the senior class of 2017. Soon, before it hits them, they will be going in their own separate ways, exploring new adventures and beginnings. High school will vigorously be left in the past and unnoticed for a bit of time.

Although seniors are excited for the new endeavours they are about to encounter, they will momentarily forget about their time here at Pleasant Valley High School. Yes they don’t care now, because how could high school ever compare to the glory days of college?

But one day, it will hit them and they will have wished they took advantage of their last days in high school. With only 31 days left, it’s advised to make the best of them.

Senior, Madison Ellis, said, “With the last days here at PV, I am going to take every chance I have to make them memorable. High school is such a big part of everyone’s life and most don’t realize until it’s over and done. I plan to be with my friends as much as I can. Even those simple conversations during passing periods will definitely be missed next year.”

Seeing those familiar faces and friends every day won’t be the only thing coming to an end. Athletics plays a huge role in some high schooler’s lives. Whether it’s ending their high school athletic career before college athletics or ending their athletic career forever, high school sports don’t compare.

Senior, Rachael Tebbe, said, “Athletics have played one of the biggest roles for me here at PV. The memories and relationships that I have made over the years will be missed. With the last little bit of time left that I have here, I am going to take everything in that I can and enjoy the little things. Especially since this track and softball season will be the last teams I am ever apart of for athletics.”

Even though there are only 31 days left in the school year for seniors, there are still endless opportunities lying ahead that could be taken advantage of. As senior prom, state meets, and the last day of school and graduation pass by, how will the seniors of 2017 remember their time spent at Pleasant Valley High School?