Microsoft conference

Microsoft has held large conferences all around the world directed at its various target audiences. Some of these audiences include developers, computer programmers, consumers, businesses, and partners with Microsoft. At Microsoft’s Build 2017 conference, many new things were announced.

The 2017 Build conference was particularly aimed at the developing community, which deals with computer codes, among other things. One big thing Microsoft is trying to do is make people’s mobile devices and their home computers better able to work together. To do this, Microsoft is fixing Microsoft 10 as a sort of update to it. They’re also making better use of the clipboard, making it more simple to copy something on a PC and paste it into one’s phone.

Apple’s iMovie is now being rivaled by Microsoft’s Story Remix. In Story Remix, there can be a multitude of things, including 3D effects. Story Remix will also be able to communicate across all devices, making it easier to pull things from different places.

Microsoft’s Virtual Reality system is being paired with Virtual Reality Controllers. They look like the Nintendo Wii’s nunchuck but with a slight difference. It has a big ring on the end of it with LED lights, a thumb stick, and other buttons.

Popular Science reported that Microsoft, “showed off some more fleshed out implementations of its development technology. One such demo was called Project Emma, a wrist-worn device designed to fight the tremors typically associated with Parkinson’s disease.”

One unexpected thing at the conference was the AI driven workplace. Popular Science said, “Microsoft’s AI-driven object recognition software kept close tabs on tools and employees.” This would hopefully help workplace efficiency. CJ Roethler, senior, said, “It would be good to increase the efficiency of workers but would also be a little creepy with the vision of an AI watching you constantly.”