The draft has begun

While football can be played by many, a lot of people want to be more involved with the game without actually having to physically play it. People want to get involved with professional football, and they also want to compete against their fellow friends and family members. This is where the game of fantasy football comes into play.

Fantasy football is a game in which people who want to play football online create a league with their friends. This league, which can range from 8-16 players, begins at the start of the NFL season. Each person in the league can draft players for their team, which usually consist of one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one team’s defense, and one kicker. There are also bench spots in which players can draft an extra wide receiver, running back, or whatever position they desire. After this, players face one another to see whose players score more points each week.

There can be an entrance fee in which players who receive 1st, 2nd or 3rd place can win some sort of monetary prize after the season is over. Or, players can just play for bragging rights. Senior Vivek Joshi has played in a league with his family and friends for 4 years now. “I enjoy competing with my friends, while actually using my knowledge of football towards something.” says Joshi, “While I may have lost every year, I still enjoy getting together each year for some friendly competition.”

While fantasy football can get very competitive, there are still great memories that can be made every year. Senior Collin Smith has participated in fantasy football as well. “There was a year that I was in the playoffs, and I was playing the best person in the league: my dad.” says Smith, “It all came down to our running backs on Monday Night Football. We were watching the game and I beat him in the end 94-93. I ended up winning two hundred dollars.” These types of memories are completely unforgettable, and it all comes from this game, whether it be online or in real life.

Fantasy football may not require any athletic ability, but whether a league plays for a cash prize, or just for fun, there’s no denying that fantasy football is one of the best ways for friends and family to engage in some friendly competition.

$580
$1000