BettPlex construction on schedule

Coming in May is a family fun and state of the art sports facility, right here in Bettendorf. By the end of construction, the facility will be one of the largest in the Midwest. In total, it spans over 76 acres and has an indoor floor space about as big as five and a half football fields. The massive area will include an indoor and outdoor sports complex as well as a family entertainment center.

Kira Brabeck, director of marketing for the BettPlex, says the complex will provide much more than hosting sporting events. “Our mission is to fill our facility with excitement for all ages. Whether it’s youth sporting tournaments, weekday adult leagues, corporate events, private parties, or even just a fun social night out. Our goal is to provide top-notch service and facilities that will provide the public with a memorable experience.”

The massive complex is set to be done in May and is right on schedule. Brabeck says, “We hope to have all outdoor turf fields laid out before the end of the year.” As long as the winter weather is kind, this will be accomplishable. The inside of the complex is set to have an indoor turf field, eight regulation wood floor basketball courts, four indoor sand volleyball courts, a physical therapy room, a restaurant and a two-story laser tag and much more.

The outdoor complex will hold four lighted soccer fields, six lighted baseball and softball fields and five sand volleyball courts.

The parking lot is set to hold over 1,500 spaces. Brabeck and many others hope this complex will bring in thousands of visitors a year, providing the community with more business and putting the Quad Cities on the map.

Coaches of clubs for many sports around the QC are excited to have top-notch facilities so close now, with the hopes of local and regional tournaments and events being held there. Brabeck says, “When our facility is running at full capacity with all courts and fields being used, we anticipate 6,000-8,000 visitors being on site on any given weekend.”

While the final product of the BettPlex is getting closer and closer, other construction and renovation is being planned for Brady Street Stadium in Davenport. The school board will be considering renovations for the turf and an eight lane track. Brandon Krusey, teacher at North Scott, said, “Give us the tools we need to compete with surrounding districts. Let our kids be proud of where they come from, and what they can accomplish.” Krusey is in favor of an eight-lane track along with the turf improvements, which is budgeted at $2,488,000.

There is much excitement for these new and improved sports facilities in the Quad Cities. QC residents and families are hopeful for the positive changes they will bring to the community.

$480
$1000