New face of Sparbucks

With winter approaching and the new construction underfoot, Pleasant Valley is always proud to announce the yearly opening of Sparbucks Coffee Shop. Sparbucks has been around for years, previously hosted in Mrs. Meadows room. Since Mrs. Meadows’ room was the only classroom with kitchen facilities, Spartan Assembly members had been using it for years. But, it was becoming cramped trying to share a coffee shop space with a classroom space. Since Mrs. Meadows room isn’t built as a coffee shop, it was time for a change.

Luckily, the new commons area will feature a large kitchen space specifically made for food service requests and Sparbucks orders. With a new kitchen, Sparbucks can now make frozen blended drinks such as frozen hot chocolate, vanilla bean frappes, as well as the regular coffee, tea, and hot chocolate or mochas. There will be an update on preferred drink options, as well as seasonal teas and drinks to accommodate what students want most from their coffee shop.   Say goodbye to the old Sparbucks! Spartan Assembly advisor, Mrs. Dixon shares, “Spartan Assembly is excited to be a part of welcoming students to our building in the new commons area. Sparbucks will be a great way to do that!”

Spartan Assembly members are excited about this new update and eager to enter and begin working in the new space. Coffee bean purchases are already being made, and drink recipes are being drafted. Similar to last year, Sparbucks will be having a punch card feature, allowing loyal customers to receive a free drink after their 9th drink purchase. Junior member, Lily Williams says, “Since it’s my first year working Sparbucks, I’m excited to make the drinks and greet students in the mornings in the new commons area” With construction workers making quick progress, Sparbucks is scheduled to begin on the first day of second semester (January 16th), and if all goes according to plan, Spartan Assembly members will be serving from 7:30-8am every morning in the new commons area.

$480
$1000