Happy Traveling!

TheAndrasBarta via Pixabay
TheAndrasBarta via Pixabay

With the holidays approaching, millions of people are traveling to spend time with family and friends. Now that winter has officially begun, along with it has come winter weather. Airports will be crowded and roads will be backed up with traffic. The American Automobile Association has predicted that a record of 100-17 million travelers are expected to be on the roads. While traveling during a time such as this, it is important to be well prepared. Make sure to be cautious of any weather conditions that could potentially affect your traveling this winter.

Planning to travel anywhere in the Northeast?  A storm is expected to begin Friday night and make its way into Saturday. Areas including Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine will experience light snowfall around noon and will progress later into the day. Interstate 95 to western Connecticut will face a couple inches of snow around eight at night so it is important to use caution during this time. Freezing rain can be seen in states around the area and New York will experience rainfall but will not have major problems. Logan Airport along with others are thought to have some delays but nothing major. More problems with be seen on the road, including Interstate 91, the Mass Pike and Interstate 84.

Chicago will be seeing snow showers on the 25th,26th, and 27th so if you are deciding to fly out of O’Hare or Midway or thinking about going on the road, be prepared for delays. If you are planning on staying in the Quad Cities this winter season then you’re in luck. The area isn’t going to see much besides light snowfall. The temperatures will most likely remain in the 20s-30s and according to Meteorologist Taylor Graham, “the best chance of snow will be south of I-80.” No delays are expected out of Moline International Airport due to weather in the Quad Cities. Today, the temperatures are projected to get as high as the mid 30s in the afternoon. An overcast sky will be seen and a little drizzle is possible. For the snow lovers, this isn’t the ideal winter setting but anyone staying home for the holidays can safely travel in the area.