Healthy lunch recipe

If you are like countless others and made eating healthy or healthier your New Year’s resolution you’re probably in search of some tasty yet healthy recipes. However, finding quick, easy, healthy, and good tasting food can be a huge struggle. These vegan wraps and cookie dough balls would make perfect party snacks or even go great as a quick and easy lunch to bring to school or work.

Easy Hummus & Avocado Wraps

4 to 6 large wraps
3/4 C hummus
1/8 C sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
1/8 C pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
1 1/2 avocados
1/2 lime, juiced
1/4 tsp cayenne
sea salt & ground pepper to taste
1/8 C fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped

Mash the avocado with lime juice, cayenne, salt and pepper until very smooth. Spread an even layer on top of 2 wraps. Add roughly chopped basil on top of the avocado mash. Then roll the wrap tightly end to end. Cut with a sharp serrated knife into pinwheel rounds

Or you can place another wrap with a little bit of spread on the inside, face down onto the top to make a quesadilla. Cut into triangles.

Do the same for the hummus wraps and add sundried tomatoes and/or olives on top of the hummus layer. Keep refrigerated or in a cooler.

Cookie Dough Balls

1 C natural peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
1 1/2 C almond flour
1/2 C vegan chocolate chips
1/4 C sweetened shredded coconut

In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter, almond flour and chocolate chips with your hands until it forms a cookie dough like consistency. It shouldn’t be too dry or too sticky. Be sure to stir the peanut butter very well to mix in the oil that settles on top!

Roll the cookie dough into bite sized balls and roll in shredded coconut. Freeze for longer storage or refrigerate until ready to serve or take to lunch.