You can find the beef @Twitter

It seems like everyone uses Twitter, no matter what age they are. Famous adults use Twitter to post about their lives, news sites use it to update the public on what’s going on in the world and kids use it to publicly display their feelings. Don’t get me wrong, Twitter can be extremely helpful, but personally I can’t stand it!

There are so many petty fights that take place on Twitter. People are either posting the tea or just silently watching the drama all go down. Even grown, respected adults feel the need to start drama on Twitter. You would think a politician would have enough sense to keep his private ideas private, but what is life without a lot of controversy?

Even our president feels the need to post inappropriate tweets. In a tweet posted by Donald Trump on Mar. 2, 2018, Trump said, “Alec Baldwin, whose dying mediocre career was saved by his terrible impersonation of me on SNL, now says playing me was agony. Alec, it was agony for those who were forced to watch. Bring back Darrell Hammond, funnier and a far greater talent!”

Actors, singers and people who are famous for reasons I don’t understand decide to hop on the bandwagon as well. I don’t know about anyone else, but I really don’t care about the big feud between that one TV star and that one singer. There is just no point in people posting their opinions for the world to see.

This feud has been going on for years now and it’s still a big deal. Back on July 17, 2016, Kim Kardashian West made a well known tweet that reads, “Wait it’s legit National Snake Day?!?!? They have holidays for everybody, I mean everything these days!”

With everyone else posting their beef on twitter, what’s stopping high schoolers from doing it too? Nothing! Anyone can post anything they want on Twitter. Students will post tweets about how they feel about their school,  how their school does things, about their fellow students and how they aren’t being good supporters and even about their friends when they are acting strange.

But like I said, Twitter isn’t all bad. It keeps me updated on what the theme is for friday night football games and it gives me that friendly reminder about what I’m supposed to be doing for NHS. I just wish that Twitter was only used for good things, because I’m tired of being spammed with useless beef going on in my world.

So instead of posting about your day to day drama let’s pause for a second and post something relevant like last friday’s post by @pvstudentsection that said, “who: PV FOOTBALL vs MUSCATINE what: FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS where: HOME when: 7 pm theme: USA BE THERE AS ~PATRIOTIC~ AS POSSIBLE”, because that’s something some people care about.