Presents made with love

Abbey Hancock
Examples of two personalized presents you can give this Christmas.

It can be difficult trying to figure out Christmas gifts for everyone. Many people struggle trying to find different things for everyone, and finding things they will appreciate can be even more difficult.

Freshman Ashlyn Schmidt said, “I personally love giving handmade gifts because it can be hard to buy others Christmas presents. I may not know what they want and sometimes what they want can be expensive, so being creative and making a gift is beneficial.”

Handmade gifts are always appreciated by so many. It sometimes isn’t even the gift itself that they love, but knowing all of the work put into it makes the value of the gift even more special. Handmade gifts are an easy way to give an adorable present without breaking the bank.

Sometimes the best thing in life is showing someone how much they are valued. If this is something that sounds like a good idea, this next option might be the present to buy. For $10 there is a book available for purchase with fill in the blank pages describing how much a person means.

These books are from the brand Knock Knock and include, What I Love About Mom, What I Love About Dad, Why You’re My Bestie and so much more. This is a great way to personalize an inexpensive gift. These books are available at stores like Pier 1 Imports and Barnes & Noble.

Candles are great to give for a Christmas present, but making it  gives the candle even more value. Chasingfoxes.com says that to make a candle, all that is needed is a glass to put the candle in, soy wax, essential oils, a wick and a pan. The first step to make the candle is to melt you wax into the glass, add the essential oils and add the wick into the candle. That’s it!

Another great do it yourself Christmas present idea is a lemon sugar scrub. This recipe is only a few ingredients and will look like it was actually purchased it. All that is needed is sugar, coconut oil, lemon essential oil and a something to store it in. Mix all of the ingredients together to get an awesome sugar scrub!

Erica Mackenzie, a mom of three young kids said, “A sugar scrub is a great way to get the kids involved to create a really fun and useful gift.”

A final gift to give is a coffee mug! Creative Green Living has created a dishwasher safe glitter dipped mug that would be perfect for anyone who loves sparkly things.

For this gift the materials needed are a plain mug, masking tape, dishwasher safe mod podge, a paintbrush and of course some glitter. Tape off the mug to where the glitter line will be, then use the paintbrush to paint on the mod podge. Next step is to dip the mug into the glitter, paint over the glitter with more mod podge, then let it dry and it’s done!

Mackenzie continued, “As a mom it’s never about the gift that I get, it’s about the thought put into the gift. A DIY gift is always a great option!”