Female athlete of the week: Noel Pearson

Noel+Pearson+leaps+through+the+air+during+a+state+dance+routine+in+2018.+
Noel Pearson
Noel Pearson leaps through the air during a state dance routine in 2018.

Since the young age of two, Noel Pearson has had a passion and love for the sport of dance. Pearson loved how she could express herself and create through the sport. Since then, she has been dancing her way through life. 

Dance came naturally to Pearson, and she started her competition career after kindergarten. Pearson danced at and competed with Above the Barre throughout her childhood and still takes lessons there now. Along with dancing and taking lessons from them, Pearson teaches classes occasionally for the dance company.

When high school rolled around, Pearson knew she wanted to take on the challenge of trying out for PV’s Platinum. Making the team with ease, Pearson found her second family through Platinum. “I found a lot of my best friends through the team,” she said.

Throughout her four years, Pearson grew through the ranks and competed at the varsity level since her sophomore year. “Noel has always been a positive role model who is really helpful and welcoming to the lower classes,” said Platinum teammate Aimee Richards. 

Pearson made solo appearances and team appearances at state multiple times throughout her years. Her junior year, Platinum competed for the state title in pom and jazz, as they do every year. Going into the competition the team knew they could place highly and were even projected to win. That year the team fell short of the state titles in both categories.

For her senior year, Pearson and the team came to the state competition with a new fire inside of them. Capping out her final year, Pearson and Platinum came home with a double state title, something her and teammates worked endlessly on all season. “It’s a memory I’ll never forget and it was such an amazing way to end my high school dance career,” shared Pearson.

Outside of dance, Pearson excels in her academics. She intends to major in biology or follow a pre-med track at the University of Iowa next fall. 

Pearson continues to express herself and tell stories through dance. Wrapping up her high school athletic career with two state trophies has gone to show how much Pearson and those around her love the sport they take part in. Without the sport, she would not be the person she is today.