7 best cars for highschool students

1. Honda Accord – Hondas have always been known to be reliable and durable, the Honda Accord is no different. It is a very reliable car with good fuel economy and high safety features. 
  • MSRP: $22,150-$30,700
  • Direct Price: $21,558-$ 29,362
  • MPG: 22 City/ 32 Highway 

2. Nissan Sentra– Like Honda, Nissans have a great rep for being reliable and durable. The Nissan Sentra is a great mid-sized sedan that comes with the highest ranked safety features. 

• MSRP: $16,810-$21,380
  • Direct Price: $15.446- $20,078 
  • MPG: 25 City/ 32 Highway 

3. Ford Fusion– Although Ford isn’t as well known for its reliability and durability like Nissan or Honda, the Ford Fusion is an exception. It has great safety features and performs well in all tests across the board.

• MSRP: $20,645 – $29,795
  • Direct Price: $18,109 – $26,705
  • MPG: 20 City/29 Highway

4. Hyundai Elantra– Besides all the safety features, Hyundai also has extended warranties, which is great for buying a used vehicle.

• MSRP: $15,955 – $21,205
  • Direct Price: $16,232 – $21,089
  • MPG: 29 City/40 Highway

5. Kia Optima- The Kia Optima is a smaller car perfect for people who don’t need a lot of space. Besides testing well in categories such as safety and handling, the Optima also has great warranty coverage. 

• MSRP: $19,950 – $26,950
  • Direct Price: $19,938 – $25,674
  • MPG: 23 City/34 Highway

6. Chevrolet Cruze- This great compact car exceeds at travel. With great MPG as well as safety and handling this car will also not put too big of a dent in your pocket as it has many affordable options compared to some other vehicles on this list. 

• MSRP: $18,095 – $25,810
  • CarsDirect Price: $15,436 – $21,635
  • MPG: 26 City/39 Highway

7. Chevrolet Malibu– The Chevrolet Malibu has great safety features and is all around a reliable car. The Malibu was made to last and is a great first car.

• MSRP: $22,970- $34,195
  • Direct Price: $21,965- $33,190
  • MPG: 29 City/ 36 Highway