8 Activities to do on Zoom with friends

Brooke Goy
Popular creators @ayesebastien and @arii creating a collaborative Tik Tok over Zoom, racking up 12.7 million views.
  1. Make a Tik Tok

Use Zoom to create fun videos. Video chats are a good way to learn a dance or follow a trend with friends.

2.  Guess the memory

The “choose virtual background” feature on Zoom allows users to use their own photos as a green screen behind them. Use photos from your camera roll from different memories with friends as the background and have them recall the story or event.

3.  Cards Against Humanity

On playingcards.io, there are different virtual games to play with friends. A classic favorite is Cards Against Humanity. The game is completely synced between players, so enjoy the game in real-time and react together over Zoom.

4.  Painting 

A popular quarantine activity has been to test the waters in painting. You and your friends could have a competition of who paints the best or just a therapeutic art session.

5.  Charades

Bringing a classic game onto a video call is a new way to switch up Zoom hangouts. Use a random charades generator online, or just come up with your own ideas.

6.  Just Dance

Just Dance recently created an online-available way to play the iconic childhood game. Visit the website, use the room code, and invite your friends to join. Stay on a Zoom call to have fun together in real-time.

7.  Group workout

Hundreds of quarantine workouts are now available on YouTube, and with the current situation, the best thing you can do for yourself is to stay healthy. Exercise with friends over Zoom to give an extra boost of motivation for everyone.

8.  Netflix Party

A popular option for watching your favorite shows and movies at the same time as friends are Netflix Party. Read instructions on how to download the application, and enjoy the real-time entertainment with friends over Zoom.