Top 10 college necessities

Kara+Neuhaus%E2%80%99%2C+19%E2%80%99%2C+dorm+room+finished+product+at+University+of+Iowa+for+the+2019-2020+school+year.+
Kara Neuhaus
Kara Neuhaus’, 19’, dorm room finished product at University of Iowa for the 2019-2020 school year.

When packing for college there are so many things you need and so many things you will forget. Some items are common sense but others are often things you don’t think to bring. Here is a list of ten things you for the sure need for your journey in college. 

1. Microwave

In college, cheap food is always microwaveable. Having a microwave in your dorm will save you time and money. 

2.  Power Strip

In college, you will have a lot of things that will need to be charged and in your dorm room, there will only be one or two outlets. Having a power strip will give you more outlets for you and your roommate. 

3.  Mini Fridge

Your dorm room won’t come with a fridge and you will want to keep healthy snacks and cold items in your room. Having one will allow you to keep cold things accessible to you. 

4.  Can Opener

This will help you open your soup or ravioli, so you can make it in the microwave. 

5.  Laundry Basket or Hamper

If you are planning on living in a Residence Hall, laundry rooms are usually at the end of the hallways. Having something to carry your dirty and clean laundry in will make the trip easier. 

6.  Lots of Quarters

It costs money to do your laundry. Most washing and drying machines take quarters so you will need a good stash if you are planning on doing laundry. 

7.  Twin XL Sheets 

Sleeping on the bare mattress won’t be very comfortable. Having twin extra long sheets will fit your dorm room bed and also add some style.

8.  Shower Caddy

You will want something to carry all of your shower items since the showers are at the end of the halls. This will help you not drop everything on the way to the shower or on the way back, it will make things a whole lot easier. 

9.  Closet Organizer

Dorm room closets are not very big and having something to organize your clothes will give you more space for more clothes. 

10.  Fan

Your room will get hot and if you are attending an older college your room might not even have air conditioning. Having a fan will cool you off fast and save you from sweating.