My two cents you never asked for: Seniority

You never asked me for my two cents about seniority, but given that I am now a senior, I am going to tell you anyway.

I remember hating the idea of seniority, thinking, “Well what makes you so special?” But, I understand it now that I am finally a senior. I love the idea of having time to bond with the senior class, and getting certain advantages over the other classes.

What do I hate about it? The seniors that take seniority too far. There is no reason for us to belittle or hate on anyone below us just because we were born before them, come on, it’s not like we chose this age. All too often I hear rude remarks about how nobody matters except the seniors. News flash: we really don’t matter that much.

As a senior this year, I have enjoyed the perks such as: sitting by the windows at lunch, being part of front line, more freedom with my schedule, senior pictures, getting a Blue Crew jersey, and the list goes on. We definitely get more freedoms and more perks as seniors, no one can argue with that.

Unfortunately, I have noticed this year that we seem to be sharing our seniority with the grades below us. Don’t get me wrong, I like those people, but sometimes senior things should just be for seniors. The seniors no longer all sit together at the window seats for lunch, and we don’t do much together as a senior class.

We’ve all spent the last three and a half years together so let’s make the rest of this year count… or don’t, whatever.