Top 5 things for a gentleman to do for a dance

Ingrid Hofmann
Read the following guidelines on how to be a gentleman at prom.

PV has officially announced that they will be hosting a prom, and it is right around the corner. With the big day approaching, it is important for gentlemen to know how to treat their dates. Here is a list of the top 5 things for a gentleman to do to impress their date.

1 – Iron your shirt

One way to impress your date is to have an ironed shirt. It is a sign of formality and cleanliness. It also shows respect and shows one’s knowledge of manners. An ironed shirt also looks better than a wrinkled shirt. 

2 – Hold the door

Another way to impress your date is to hold the door for her. It shows respect and gratitude for her. It is also a way to act more like a gentleman and to show her you care.

3 – Pick out the right tie

Picking out the right tie will ’tie’ your whole outfit together. A good tie will also match you and your date together. Knowing how to tie a tie is also a way to impress your date.

4 – Wear clothes that fit

Wearing clothes that fit is a great way to impress your date. Wearing baggy clothes will make you look informal. Wearing clothes that are snug and fit will look cleanly and formal. 

5 – Have manners while eating

Having good manners at the table is a great way to impress your date. Good manners shows that you are caring, intelligent and proper. Having bad manners shows disrespect and improper formalities.