Top five NBA Draft prospects

Nathan Lokenvitz

With the NFL Draft going on recently, many people forget that the NBA Draft soon follows. This list discusses five of the most intriguing NBA prospects for the upcoming 2021 draft. 

1. Cade Cunningham

Cade Cunningham is a 6’8” point guard from Oklahoma State University. He is considered to be one of the most versatile point guards in the country, and proved to be a matchup nightmare throughout his college career. He averaged 20 points and 6.2 rebounds in 27 games played this past season.  

1. Evan Mobley

The big man out of USC is projected to go in the top three in the upcoming 2021 NBA draft. Listed at 7 feet tall, Mobley averaged 16.4 points and 8.7 rebounds per game while shooting 57.8% from the field. Mobley led the Trojans on a deep run to the Elite 8 in the 2021 March Madness tournament, but ultimately lost handily to Gonzaga. 

1. Jalen Suggs

In only one season at Gonzaga Jalen Suggs put on a show and declared for the 2021 NBA Draft. Suggs is a 6’4” guard that averaged 14.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game. In addition to the impressive stat line, Suggs played well in this year’s NCAA Tournament and helped lead Gonzaga to the national championship game where they lost to Baylor. 

1. Jalen Green

Jalen Green opted to play in the NBA G League instead of playing college basketball after finishing high school. Green averaged 18 points and 4.1 rebounds per game in his one season in the G league. Standing at 6’6” Green is a prospect that many NBA teams believe will transition nicely into the pro style of play. 

1. Jonathan Kuminga

Kuminga opted to play for the NBA G League and is originally from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Kuminga is a 6’7” combo forward that averaged 15.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game. He has excellent defensive potential when engaged, and can run the floor and score with his explosiveness on the offensive side of the ball.