Five summer bag essentials

This summer will bring adventures for many people eager to socialize normally after a quarantined year. Whether you travel across the country or just around the town, having a go bag with all of your favorite essentials is important. Here are five summer bag essentials you need this year.

1. Sunscreen

Don’t let the sun damage your skin this year! Sunscreen protects you from the dangerous UV rays in the hot summer sun. If you are worried about missing out on tanning, remember that sunscreen does not block all of the UV rays, so you can still tan! Always use sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and make sure to reapply every two hours.

2. Bottle of water

Staying hydrated this summer is key. The heat and sun can quickly wear us out, but having a bottle of water handy can prevent that. As you sweat in the heat, your body loses hydration, and it is important for you to replenish it. Being dehydrated can make you more tired and less productive. Don’t let that be you this summer!

3. Portable charger

It is important to stay in the moment, but who doesn’t enjoy taking summer pictures. But it is always a bummer to find out your phone is dead when you want to take a picture by the pool or of the beautiful sunset. Keeping a portable charger in your summer bag will prove to be useful many times this year.

4. Lip balm

Hot weather means blasting the AC in your car, but at what cost? The AC can dry out your lips, leaving you licking your lips and ultimately making them more dry. Make a quick trip to the closest drug store and pick up your favorite flavored lip balm to keep your lips hydrated. Keep that smile looking perfect!

5. Sunglasses

As much as everyone loves the sun, it can really damage your eyes. Invest in a pair of polarized sunglasses to properly keep your eyes safe. The polarized sunglasses will block out harmful UV rays from your eyes much better than any regular pair of sunglasses. Plus, you don’t want to be stuck outside or driving when the sun is too bright to see. Protect your eyes!