Necessities for a summer vacation

Seth Clausen
Take a look at this list of summer necessities to guarantee a fun time!

With Spring Break coming up in just a couple days, it is important to remember the items you will be using often, but may be overlooked. All of these items may be able to be bought on vacation but why not save some money? Here are some suggestions for what to pack in your suitcase for your upcoming trip to the beach!

#1 – Sunscreen

Although this seems basic, this item could save you from spending your summer vacation in pain and discomfort. Being from Iowa, I think we can all say we haven’t seen any high quality sun in quite some time. Save your skin and make sure you don’t go too low on the SPF!

#2 – Swimsuit

A swimsuit might come in handy if you’re planning on going into the water. I would assume that all of you prefer not to jump in lakes or bodies of water wearing your athletic shorts. Make this item a necessity for this summer.

#3 – Masks

COVID-19 is still a major problem in our country, and everyone needs your help to put an end to it. In doing so, make sure that you have plenty of masks while leaving your home. As many of you Pleasant Valley students are going to hangout with many people, COVID-19 has a chance to spike again. Make sure to wear your mask as often as you can to stop the spread!

#4 – Speaker

If you all are planning on having bonfires with friends, a nice speaker would be much appreciated by surrounding people. No more quiet and awkward functions with friends, play some music! 

#5 – Sunglasses

Sunglasses are a very easy item to overlook because we haven’t seen the sun in a long time. These things will help shade your eyes from the strong sun rays that you haven’t experienced in quite some time but also make it simply easier to see. Sun tanning will be much more enjoyable while having eye coverings to help the blinding light get out of your eyes.