Top 5 baseball games to watch this summer

Ingrid Hofmann

The Pleasant Valley baseball team has high hopes for this upcoming season. The Spartans are taking a different approach toward this season, as they will play all of the top ranked teams in the state. There will be lots of opportunities to come support the Pleasant Valley team on nights this summer.

#1- Pleasant Valley vs. Dubuque Senior: The home opener is a game that many look forward to watching because people are eager to see what the Spartans are really made of. On Monday, May 23rd, the Rams will be coming to Pleasant Valleys home field to start off the season.

#2- Pleasant Valley @ Ankeny: The #6 preseason ranked Spartans will be travelling to Ankeny, Iowa to take on the top team in the state. The Hawks and Spartans have eight of their nine starters returning from last year. Ankeny is led by Senior Brody Brecht, a highly sought after athlete signed to the University of Iowa for football and baseball.

#3- Pleasant Valley @ Johnston: If you’re looking for a one day road trip this summer, make a trip to watch the Spartans take on the reigning state champions, the Johnston Dragons. Johnston will be a great place to visit as they have one of the best facilities in the state.

#4- Pleasant Valley vs. Assumption: In years past, the Spartans and Knights have gone back and forth for the top of the Mississippi Athletic Conference. Last year, the Spartans and Knights each won one game during their season opening double header. 

#5- Pleasant Valley @ North Scott: The Lancers have been a tough team for the Spartans to face in recent years. Last year, the Spartans knocked out the Lancers in the sub-state semifinals which helped them advance to the State tournament. This will be a double header that fans won’t want to miss this summer!