Top 6 Unconventional and Personalized Gifts for Valentine’s Day

Anagha Sudhindra
Many basic gifts can be found at any store. Try out these gifts for a personalized approach on Valentine’s Day.

As Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, the pressure starts to set in on making the day perfect. Rather than buying an expensive, impersonal gift this year, try out one of these unconventional celebrations to make this Valentine’s Day extra special. 

1. A good read

A great book is the best way to win over anyone’s heart. Whether a touching romance or a thrilling novel, a good book can transport your significant other to another world of enjoyment. Show off how well you know your partner by picking out the perfect book for them, or try something totally new and introduce them to something they might love. A good book is much more personal than a standard gift found at any store. It is also relatively inexpensive yet deep thought about your partner. Take the time to ponder which book fits your partner best to ensure they love the read. 

1. Photo album

A photo album filled with your best memories is the perfect way to bring on the nostalgic feels on Valentine’s Day. Reminisce over good times and look towards more happy memories over a photo album filled with your best moments together. Fill the album with all the memories of you and your significant other: first dates, funny photos and romantic moments all together. Personalize the album further by adding in your own messages alongside the photos. Purchase a cute photo album at any department store and order a bunch of photos at your local Walgreens or Walmart. This inexpensive gift shows thoughtfulness, and sincerity and is sure to be a hit. 

1. Home cooked meal

Nothing shows love like a good meal made for your significant other. Rather than spending a bunch on a pricey meal at a restaurant bound to be far too crowded for this pandemic, find a great recipe online and cook the meal yourself. Though it may seem daunting to prepare an entire meal, the internet offers plenty of delicious Valentine’s Day meals that are inexpensive yet delicious. Even better, make the meal together. Invite your significant other over and spend some time together; try a new recipe, and have fun. 

1. Outdoor adventure

Though the weather here is too extreme for any extravagant outdoor activities, make some memories by taking your significant other on an outdoor adventure. Whether it is a chilly nature walk admiring the snow or a fun time sledding down some slopes, make use of the outdoors as an inexpensive way to show your significant other your affection. Wear lots of layers and spend some time outside. 

1. Disposable film camera

A disposable film camera is the perfect gift for any photography enthusiast. These cameras are very inexpensive and perfect for a one-time trip use. Take the camera along when going sledding or on your next date and snap some pictures for next year’s photo album. This gift is the perfect way to capture good times and happy memories to fondly look back on.

1. Baked goods/dessert

Everyone loves sweet treats, especially on a holiday. Treat your significant other to a delicious dessert made with love. Make anything from heart shaped cupcakes to decadent chocolate souffles. Once again, feel free to call your significant other over and share the fun, or surprise them with an array of stunning desserts. 

This Valentine’s Day, consider creating a personalized gift for your significant other. They have received many cookie cutter gifts in the past, so make sure yours is special. Show sincerity and thoughtfulness in any gift you give, and they will surely love it.