PV glides into a new club

Throughout the past few years, PV has had many new clubs. From plant club to astronomy club, these organizations are a way for students to express their individuality and interests in activities they are passionate about. This year, a new and unique club has been created called the ice skating club. This club was founded by junior, Megan Collins. With co-founders Nia Howes and Naina Ninan. The club was formed on the basis of three girls and a passion for skating. “Some of my friends and I started the skating club this year because we wanted to share our love for skating with others,” Collins says. The club members meet once a month to skate at the River’s Edge.

Whether you’re an advanced skater or just a beginner, the club welcomes members of every skill level. Club advisor, Lynne Lundberg, says, “I’m not that good at skating, I fall down a lot, but I have fun with it.” The ice skating club is a great way to get involved in a school activity and make new friends. Good skating skills, or not, the social arena that is the ice skating club creates a fun and entertaining environment for students to skate, learn to skate, or to watch people skate.

Unlike other clubs at PV, the ice skating club provides a way to be active and have fun with friends at the same time. “My favorite part about the club is being able to share my love of skating with my friends and everyone else at the school,” Collins proclaims. Not only is ice skating a fun, social sport, but it also has health benefits. “The club is just a fun organization that provides stress relief and exercise,” Lundberg says. With winter temperatures in full swing, indoor ice skating is the perfect way to enjoy the season and be active, without being miserably cold.

For more information on the ice skating club, contact founder Megan Collins or club advisor Dr. Lynne Lundberg.