Best off-road biking trails in the Quad Cities

Luke Eckman
Seniors Luke Eckman and Cole Halupnik get their bikes ready to ride this fall.

The weather is cooling down and the trees are changing colors, so it’s the perfect time to hit the trails and mountain bike. Here are the best off-road biking trails in the Quad Cities. 

Sunderbruch Park

Sunderbruch Park spans across 134 acres of land and includes over 8 miles of biking trails. The park features a wide range of difficulty in trails, including an amazing jump line and favorites like Kickapoo down or Loud Thunder. Located on the west side of Davenport, Sunderbruch is perfect for anyone looking to bike this season.

Illiniwek Forest Preserve

With over 5 miles of trails, Illiniwek is another amazing option for riders in the QC. This includes long sections of flow trails along with more technical trails and wooden features. Illiniwek is just across the river in Hampton, Ill. 

Scott Community College

While SCC has far fewer trails than other places in the Quad Cities, it still includes two main trails along with a newly built jump line. Located in the woods to the left of the Scott Community College entrance off of Belmont Road, these trails are easy to bike to for anyone in Bettendorf. SCC is perfect for a shorter ride due to its close proximity to PV.

Scott County Park

Although it is further away than other trails in the Quad Cities, Scott County Park is still a great place for biking. It includes 5 miles of off road trails, along with many other walking trails throughout the park. 

Sylvan Island

Sylvan Island’s trails may be shorter than others, but it is nearby and easy to ride. With its rocky soil, Sylvan tends to dry extremely quickly after rainfall. While other trails might close after rain, Sylvan is almost always open and rideable.