Top Five Marvel Movies

The wide variety of characters and the many entertaining plots have contributed to the Avengers becoming a very popular group of movies. Photo credit to Marvel Studios, used under Fair Use.

While many believe the quality of Avengers movies have gone down in recent years, they have created many amazing movies that their fans will cherish forever. With unforgettable characters, exciting and authentic scenes and well-worked plots, these movies have captured the hearts of entire generations. Overall, based on excitement, entertainment, complexity and uniqueness, these are what I believe are the top five Avengers movies.

1. Avengers: Infinity War

The penultimate movie featuring the original Avengers, Infinity War introduces the character of Thanos and the start of the battle against him. Much of this movie’s appeal is the combination of many beloved characters including Spiderman, Ironman, Doctor Strange and even the Guardians of the Galaxy. From the first battles with Thanos to the ultimate failure, this movie includes action and humor at a higher level than any of the other marvel movies.

1. Thor: Ragnarok

Thor: Ragnarok follows Thor as he tries to save his home, Asgard, from its fated destruction. From the very start, with Thor’s battle against Surtur, Marvel unleashed Chris Hemsworth’s comedic acting as they focus on the goofy side of being an Asgardian god. Between Thor and Loki’s brotherly rivalry, the many unique characters and places throughout the movie and the entertaining plot twists, Thor: Ragnarok is a top Avengers movie.

1. Black Panther

While Black Panther does not have the same goofiness as many of the other Avengers movies, its plot, amazing characters and settings make it well deserving of being a top five Avengers movie. It centers around T’Challa, the king of the fictional country Wakanda, as he tries to grow accustomed to leading a secretly powerful country while tracking down the man who killed his father. It becomes more complicated when T’Challa’s long lost cousin returns to try to claim the throne. 

1. Avengers: Endgame

The finale for the original Avengers, Endgame picks up immediately after the events of Infinity War as the remaining Avengers try to undo the damage done by Thanos. While it is more serious than many Avengers movies, it still contains a plethora of funny scenes. It also has many powerful scenes from Captain America standing and facing Thanos’ entire army by himself to Ironman making the ultimate sacrifice. Overall, Endgame is easily a top Avengers movie.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy volume 1

Guardians of the Galaxy earns the fifth spot because of its blend of comedy and seriousness. The unique combination of characters with Rocket, Groot and Peter constantly messing around and Drex being brutally honest keeps the audience engaged and entertained. Guardians of the Galaxy provides a wildly entertaining movie with unique settings as they travel around the universe and many fun characters.