Top 5 must-have Google Chrome extensions in 2023

Reetham Gubba
Google Chrome extensions must be used by everyone, as they make life much more efficient.

Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers that people use in their day to day lives. Google Chrome is used to access many websites, so learning how to use it effectively can save a lot of time in the long run. Google Chrome extensions enhance functionality of the browser by making tasks easier and more efficient . There are hundreds of Google Chrome extensions, but here are the top 5 extensions that everyone should have.

• Grammarly
    • Grammarly is a user friendly, popular chrome extension that is used for grammar. Grammarly flags potential issues in the text and offers suggestions to help with grammar, spelling, wordiness, usage, style, tone and punctuation. Although Grammarly has many pros, there are some things to watch out for. Grammarly doesn’t flag everything, so the user should always review his text. Additionally, Grammerly’s free version is very limited. The pro version is a paid subscription that has advanced, real-time correcting features. 

• PrintFriendly
    • PrintFriendly does exactly what it’s name implies: it makes printing easier to complete. Whenever you are scrolling through anything on Google Chrome such as a Google search, an article, a pdf, etc, and someone wants to print that webpage, they can use the PrintFriendly chrome extension. What makes PrintFriendly friendly is that any element in the webpage that is being printed can be removed, edited or modified. 

• Instapaper
    • Instapaper is another easy-to-use google chrome extension that is used to save something to read later. It can also be used as a note tracking system to save certain insights, quotes or titles, so they can be accessed later. Additionally, Instapaper has cross-platform integration, so elements of the web that you find interesting on your phone can be saved to a note in Instapaper and can be accessed on your computer with ease. 

• TeleParty
    • TeleParty is a chrome extension that helps people have movie nights with their best friends or sustain long distance relationships by allowing users to watch Netflix together remotely. To use this extension, all the users in a TeleParty need to have an Netflix account, and after that, similar to how an actual, physical movie night would work, pausing, chatting and talking are synchronous for everyone, making this more connecting, remotely. 

• Forest
    • Forest is a chrome extension that allows individuals to focus by using the analogy of a tree as a timer. This extension also has a neat feature of blocking websites during that timer, so users don’t get disturbed by distracting websites. The blocked websites are decided by the user ahead of time.