Striking achievements

Striking+achievements

This has been an outstanding season for the Pleasant Valley bowlers on both the girls’ and boys’ teams. Among the twelve varsity members across the two teams, eight are seniors.Their efforts throughout the past four years has become very clear this season as each team has set multiple school records and achieved things never before done by a PV bowler.

The boys finished with an undefeated regular season, winning all eight of their dual meets. In addition, they were the champions of the Clinton Invitational. The boys even set a school record for the highest team score this year. Mason Rosenboom, senior, said, “The past four years of bowling we haven’t had much to root for, but this year we actually had a really strong team.”

For the girls, this was also a very successful season. They had a 4-3-1 record for their regular meets and were also victorious at both the North Scott and Muscatine Invitationals. Paige Carter, senior, said, “Our hard work and dedication over the past four years really paid off this season. I loved watching everyone improve as we’ve gotten older.”

All of this hard work paid off at the District meet, where bowlers had the chance to qualify for state. For the first time in school history, both teams won their district and will be advancing to the state tournament. Eight teams from around the state move onto this competition, along with twelve individuals.

The girls scored a 2,526 and will be going into the tournament seated fourth, just nine pins behind the team ranked third. The boys had a team score of 3,087 and are entering the state meet seated fifth. Joshua Del Corso, sophomore, also qualified individually for the tournament with a score of 488 for two games.

Carter said, “Earning the chance to go to state is a very rewarding accomplishment, especially because so many of us are seniors this year.”

The state meet will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 21 at Plaza Lanes in Des Moines. The event is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m.