Running Towards the Goal

This years Pleasant Valley girls soccer program is all about new beginnings this upcoming season. New teammates, new successes, and an all new coaching staff will definitely bring some big changes to the team.

New coach, Wayne Ward, is a very experienced soccer coach and is excited about making PV’s 2017 girls soccer team state champs. Ward said, “I am lucky to have inherited a great group with good technical abilities instilled into them by previous coaches. I’m excited to have the opportunity to work with that talent level. My goal is to make the season challenging for the players and memorable for all involved.”

While there is a lot of new things for the players this season, they are sure to use the past seasons as fuel for all their accomplishments to come. The team has made it to the state tournament the past three years and were district champions in 2016. Their successes at the state tournament include, quarter finalists in 2014 and 2016, as well as State runner ups in 2015.

The team’s history at the state games is definitely encouragement for this approaching year. Senior, Cecily Clark, said, “Doing so well at state in the past years will absolutely encourage me to work hard and push my team so that we can become finalists at the tournaments and hopefully come out as champions.”

The girls’ first game will be on Tuesday, April 4 at 5:00 and support from Spartan Nation will surely kickoff the amazing season ahead.