Swinging to state

Pleasant Valley’s Jack Roemer has been lighting up the MAC conference, qualifying for the state golf tournament as only a freshman. Roemer’s talent has been showcased all fall, and he ended his season by competing against the state’s best.

Roemer grew up next to a golf course, which he says inspired him to try out for the sport. Seven years later, he made the varsity team as a freshman. He joined two other strong freshman golfers, Jack Dumas and John Logan. The trio led the Pleasant Valley boys’ golf team to several tournament titles.

Roemer was also the only Pleasant Valley golfer to individually qualify for the state tournament that took place last Friday and Saturday. Advancing last Tuesday after shooting a 77 at the district meet, Roemer joined Bettendorf senior, Steven Gottwald, and Burlington golfer, Alec Henrich, individually representing the MAC in the state tournament.

Making varsity and having the opportunity to compete at the state level are accomplishments Roemer is very proud of. Roemer says, “It feels good, almost a relief that the hard work is paying off.” Indeed it is, and with three more years ahead of him, Roemer has even more time to continue to improve, hone his skills, and compete for Pleasant Valley.

$580
$1000