Bowling team spotlight

Over previous years, Pleasant Valley’s bowling teams have found lots of success in their meets. Here we examine both bowling teams and their outlooks on their season this year.

The boys’ bowling team is looking forward to a solid season this year, with top bowlers Cory LaBarge, Alton Barber and Josh Delcorso leading the team. The bowling team’s practices are structured in a way that enables players to improve their skills over the course of the season, so look for some improvements in your Spartan bowlers as they try to qualify for the state tournament and place higher than they did the previous year. Junior Alton Barber stated, “I really enjoy bowling because it’s a sport that I’ll be able to do for a long time in my life and I really enjoy bowling for PV because of all of the success of our program in the years that I’ve gotten to compete.”

The girls’ bowling team has a similar outlook on the season, with many talented bowlers returning from last season. The girls’ team consists of bowlers Mariah Martinez, Lindsay Voss, Sydney Meyer, Libby Staver, Sam Gould and Sydney Prochaska among others. The girls’ team looks to build on their success from last year, as they qualified for the state tournament and look to repeat the feat this year as well.

Bowling meets consist of teams of six matched up against each other. There are two games that everybody bowls individually, followed by five “baker” games in which five people on each team bowl two frames a piece.

Make sure to cheer on your Spartan Bowlers this season!