The issue with health trends

Gerd Altmann via Pixabay
Gerd Altmann via Pixabay

It’s 2018 With the new year approaching, lots of people’s resolution is going to be related to eating better and staying fit. Because of social media, people are constantly bombarded with fitness and eating trends. Instagram and Snapchat models are paid to promote brands and people often fall for it. Although some products they promote produce results, many of them are gimmicks.

Diets such as juice cleanses, extreme fasting both cause your body to breakdown muscle. Going gluten free or paleo might be too much for some people’s bodies to handle. Since these diets contain very little fiber, some people suffer side effects such as constipation and nutrition deficiency. Diet plans such as Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig are also not advisable since they are processed. The meals have lots of preservatives, synthetic nutrition, and trans fats all known to be harmful for the body. Exercise regimes that advertise using celebrities or infomercials and show shortcuts are never going to work.

There’s only two ways that are scientifically proven to reduce weight, lower cholesterol, improve muscle tone, and overall be healthier: diet and exercise. It’s important to watch calories but it’s equally important to have a balanced diet. For exercise, one cannot take shortcuts. It will take months, not days to notice a significant difference.