Sayonara senior swimmers

Last Tuesday, the Pleasant Valley Boys Swimming team faced off against Davenport North for their senior night. Along with winning the meet against North, they thanked this year’s seniors for their commitment and wonderful season. This year there are 3 fantastic senior swimmers on the boy’s team, and it is going to be hard to see them leave.

Those three seniors consist of Alessandro Lomaestro, Austin Hedgren and Nathan McKay. All three swimmers are a huge part of the team and each has a special place in the team’s lineup. Lomaestro swims the 100-meter butterfly in addition to participating in some of the team’s many relays. Lomaestro has the second best 100 meter butterfly time on the team with a solid 55.72 seconds. Also, the team has Hedgren swimming the 100-meter freestyle and 200-meter freestyle. Hedgren has the third fastest time for Pleasant Valley in both the 100 and 200-meter freestyle. His times are 51.7 seconds in the 100-meter freestyle and a 1-minute 53-second 200-meter freestyle. Lastly, there is Nathan McKay who swims the 100-meter freestyle and the 50-meter freestyle as well as swimming the freestyle portions of the relays. He has a time of 22.71 seconds in the 50-meter freestyle and a 48.8-second 100-meter freestyle. “Swimming has made me a stronger, smarter and healthier person,” said McKay. Swimming has changed the lives of these seniors to make them more accomplished individuals. The experiences they have had will stay with them throughout the rest of their life.

These 3 swimmers work hard throughout the year to make sure that the Pleasant Valley boys swimming team can be the best it can be. With that hard work, they have led the team to a record or 7 wins and 1 loss, bringing them to be the ninth best in the state. They will be hard team members to lose and the program hopes that the coming freshman can fill their shoes and make the swim team even better than it is now.