Pleasant Valley Choir April events

The month of April is incredibly busy for Pleasant Valley choristers. On Monday night, the PV choirs held their spring recital in the theater as a preview for ensembles participating in the annual Solo and Ensemble festival. This event is unlike any other event that the school’s ensembles take part in because the festival is designed for both singers and instrumentalists to sing or play for judges and receive feedback for solo performances. Many individuals have been preparing for this event over the course of this last month. Each choir is sending solo participants, duets, and small groups to go sing all day this Saturday. Solo and Ensemble festival will take place at Davenport West High School. Friends and family members are encouraged to come out and support the students as they perform this weekend.

Along with Solo and Ensemble music, Chamber Choir has been preparing literature for a local concert with choral students from Luther College. Chamber Choir has been invited to sing in a partnership concert with the Luther Collegiate Chorale at St. Paul Lutheran Church on Thursday, April 12. It is a free concert and all are welcome to come watch.

Senior Avery Luepker said,”I feel prepared with the music and I’m hoping that people will come listen to our performances this week. We’ve worked really hard and we’re excited to share our music with everyone.”

The final April performance will be at the University of Iowa on Wednesday, April 18. Chamber Choir submitted a recording early this fall for a state-wide choral showcase, and was selected as the top 4A division choir in the state of Iowa. The group will be performing in the Voxman Music Building at the University of Iowa this Wednesday in the Iowa City Choral Showcase.