Movie passes

Upon walking into the building, the place has a more modern feel. The carpet was updated and the concessions look brand new. Anyone 21 and older, they now serve booze. Rave Cinemas on 53rd Street in Davenport has been changing a lot for the past couple of years. Now the work is done and the time to enjoy it has come. The new seats recline back with the push of button and create a footrest all at once.

Since the place was updated I enjoyed going to work in that new environment and running into so many familiar faces. More people came than I would have imagined before starting my job there, so at times it was very chaotic.

— Kenzy Wild

D’Box seats are also a new craze here at the movies. These seats move around with the movie that’s being played. It’s an experience that 3D has no chance of reaching. Although the tickets for these seats are more expensive students around the area were amazed to see such thing. Some people either loved it or hated it said Wild.

Jessica Wells, a senior at Bettendorf High School, recently went to the movies and watched the new horror film The Nun in the moving D-Box chairs. She said, “Since when did the movie theater have seats that move?” She enjoyed how much more exciting and fearful the movie was. The seats really added to the effect.

Tuesdays are always discount days. Tickets are 5 dollars on this day of the week. Also our theater now takes part in accepting the MoviePass. It is essentially a debit card that is paid for monthly. Before the company changed some rules someone with the pass could see a movie every 24 hours. Now there’s been a change and it limits the subscriber to 4 movies a month. If one does not go see any movies during a certain month, the MoviePass is not necessarily a sensible purchase. If someone goes to an average of 3 or movie movies each month, this pass could save them around 20 dollars.